We are a volunteer-based organisation that works with families, individuals and communities within Australia before and after Bushfires to Provide Services and Relief in the Following Areas:
ADVANCING SOCIAL OR PUBLIC WELFARE
We aim to advance social or public welfare by providing: services and relief in Assisting with rebuilding, repairing or securing of assets after a disaster in the following ways:
1. Operating a Free Volunteer Bushfire Recovery Service that assists members of the community with cleaning and other recovery tasks on their properties who have lost their homes due to bushfires or other disasters.
2. Provide Financial Assistance (grants) to people who have lost their homes due to bush-fires or other disasters, to ensure that they can have a modest standard of living while they are recovering from losing their home.
ADVANCING THE SECURITY OR SAFETY OF AUSTRALIA OR THE AUSTRALIAN PUBLIC
We aim to Advance the Safety and Security of the Australian Public by:
1. Operating a Free Volunteer Bush fire Preparedness Service that assists members of the community with Bush fire Preparedness Activities and tasks on their properties to better prepare them for the effects of a bushfire or other disasters.
2. Participate in or conduct Education workshops in relation to bush fire safety for children and other people in the local community to promote behavior that lowers the risk and effects of bush fires in the community.
3. Provide Fire Safety Training to the community
4. Conducting/participating in research into improvements for Bush fire Preparedness/Mitigation and Recovery in Australia
ADVANCING THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT
We aim to Enhance the Natural Environment as a registered Landcare Group by:
1. Re-establishing native bush and plant species and habitats to encourage animals to re-habitat the land after a bush-fire or Disaster
2. Eradicating non-native bush and plant species from the land which are noxious and/or create an environment that is hostile to the re-establishment of native bush and plant species to reduce the spread of bush fire in the landscape
3. Providing ways for members of the public to visit the land and learn about conservation and the importance of protecting indigenous plants and animals for future generations.
4. Participate in or conduct Education workshops in relation to bush-fires and the effects they have on the environment for children and other people in the local community.
PREVENTING OR RELIEVING THE SUFFERING OF ANIMALS
We aim to prevent and relieve the suffering of animals in a bushfire or disaster by:
1. Establishment of Emergency Animal Food-banks for the purpose of donations of food, water and appropriate animal care items for use in emergency relief situations
2. Provide Financial Assistance (grants) to people who have lost their homes due to bushfires or other disasters, to ensure that they can provide and care for their animals while they are recovering from losing their home,
3. Operating a Free Volunteer Bushfire Animal Rescue Service that assists members of the community to rescue, recover or relocate animals to areas of safety away from fire effected areas to better prepare them for the effects of a bushfire or to assist with their care before, during or after a bushfire or disaster
4. Participate in or conduct Education workshops in relation to animal safety and care during bushfires for children and other people in the local community.
Who we Help:
1. People in financial hardship
2. People with physical difficulties (short-term or long-term injuries)
3. Elderly residents
4. People with a disability
6. Victims of Disasters
How We Achieve the Above
Our Volunteer Bushfire Preparedness Services focuses on vegetation management and bushfire preparedness that reduces the hazards and risks associated with bushfires to better prepare communities for the effects of a bushfire or other disasters.
Our Volunteer Bush-fire Recovery Service assists members of the community with cleaning and other recovery tasks on their properties who have lost their homes due to bush-fires and aims to lesson the stress and sadness of cleaning up after a bushfire, our Recovery teams (volunteers) can assist communities and Residents to clear sites, rebuild, replant and help make recovery easier
We are also now able to assist NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) clients
Approved Training Partner of
The Bushfire Foundation Inc – Queensland Operation’s is proudly supported by our community assistance partner: